Located on a busy junction opposite Boucher Retail Park in south Belfast, MSM recently completed the construction of the £1m Boucher Square restaurant development for Alterity Investments Ltd. This impressive project, designed by Bangor-based InsideOut Architects, is curved on plan facing onto Boucher Crescent and comprises over 12,000ft2 of restaurant space, split into four separate units. Three of the four units are currently trading – Frankie & Benny’s, Ed’s Easy Diner and Costa Coffee, whilst the remaining unit is currently under offer from a UK-wide restaurant operator.
Key elements of the building comprised:
– structural steel frame on piled foundations
– precast concrete floor slabs including Mapei quick drying screed
– Trocal roof covering
– the building frontages combine facing brickwork, Iroko timber cladding and ppc aluminium glazing, whilst the rear elevation consists of Kingspan KS 1000 MR cladding and facing brickwork
– each unit was constructed to the developer’s shell specification for interior fit-out by each individual tenant
– the external works package involved construction of a 135-space car park, creating a paved piazza to the front of all units, soft landscaping works and street lighting installation