The new Next store at Bloomfield Shopping Centre, Bangor, commenced trading recently. MSM Contracts are proud to have been involved as the design & build contractor on this construction project, costing approximately £1m and delivered within a 4-month programme.
This latest project represents the seventh construction project delivered by MSM in recent years at Bloomfield Shopping Centre & Retail Park. Our novated design team comprised WDR & RT Taggart and Semple & McKillop, with Bruce Shaw LLP acting as project manager on behalf of the client.
Construction works on this latest project involved:
– Stripping out, demolitions, structural alterations, construction of bases and raising floor levels within the existing retail unit, previously occupied by Hanna & Browne
– Construction of a double-height extension to provide a new two-storey retail unit for Next including planar glazing and facing brickwork to the front façade
– Remodelling of the shopping centre management suite at first floor level
– Formation of a new retail unit for Argento
– Minor site improvement works to front of new Next retail unit, including extra car parking spaces, construction of ramped & stepped accesses, paving and stainless steel glazed balustrading
– Provision of an additional 30nr car parking spaces adjacent to Smyths Toys
The Next retail unit was completed to a shell finish by MSM, with the shop fit-out carried out by a specialist fit-out contractor under a subsequent contract.