Major refurbishment works over three floor levels at Cityside Mall, part of the Cityside Retail & Leisure Park on York Street, Belfast, have recently been completed by MSM Contracts. These works have been undertaken as part of the ‘Cityside Excite’ refurbishment programme to improve leisure and retail facilities and attract students from the nearby city-centre University of Ulster campus.
The works were successfully delivered within an 8-month programme for our client, MAM CRP Acquisition. Our site team were required to carry out the works with the existing retail and leisure facilities remaining open to the public.
The design team comprised Bruce Shaw LLP (project managers & quantity surveyors); Ostick + Williams (architectural); Design & Management (structural engineer); Troup Bywaters & Anders (services consultant) and Bruce Shaw Management Services (NI) (CDM Co-Ordinator).
Key elements of the project included:
– Internal demolitions and structural alterations to suit the new floor layout over three floor levels
– Modernisation & complete refurbishment of 3nr escalators including the relocation and re-fitting of one escalator to a new position. These works were carried out during out-of-hours to minimise inconvenience and H&S risk
– Refurbishment works to 2nr passenger lifts
– Replacement/upgrading of mechanical, electrical and sprinkler services
– Metal stud partitions; drylining; suspended ceiling systems
– Extensive floor tiling to mall areas including staircases
– Stainless steel glass balustrading; timber doorsets
– Painting & decoration
– Fit-out works to washrooms including cubicles, IPS panels and vanity units
– Landlord works to the Burger King fast food outlet
– Re-cladding works to external elevations adjacent the main Cityside Mall entrance
– Construction of food court kiosks and installation of seating and tables