Our site team at the £3m Victoria College newbuild sports hall and school refurbishment project, continues to act proactively in line with our site registration under the Considerate Constructors Scheme.
Examples of action taken and on-site events include:
– Christmas 2016 Toy Appeal – our extremely kind site personnel, including subcontractors, have been purchasing Christmas cards from a specially designed Christmas tree in the site office, with the age and gender of a child written on each card. Gifts are then bought in line with the description on the cards, with donations due to be made to both the Salvation Army and St. Vincent de Paul before Christmas
– Residents’ meetings – on 08th December 2016, our site management team in conjunction with Victoria College and design team representatives held a meeting with local residents to provide a project update and an opportunity to discuss any issues/concerns. This meeting was very positive and our site team was congratulated in a follow-up letter from Victoria College on our contribution towards building a positive and co-operative relationship with the residents
– Bird feeder stations – have been erected around the site to promote biodiversity within the school grounds
– Minister for Education site visit – on 07th September 2016, our site team hosted a site walkabout for the minister, Mr Peter Weir, and invited guests
– St John Ambulance Video “How to use a defibrillator” – video played to all construction personnel, including subcontractors
If you would like to discuss any corporate responsibility issues on this project, please contact our CCS liaison point of contact, Laura McCooey (e-mail email@example.com)