MSM Contracts are pleased to announce that on-site works commenced during September 2018 to construct a newbuild 105,000ft2 tyre distribution centre in Newtownabbey, Co Antrim for Magowan Tyres NI.
Magowan Tyres NI are a local family run business with over 50 years’ experience in the tyre and motor servicing industry.
The site is located on a greenfield site off the Doagh Road, Newtownabbey. On completion, this project will comprise a state-of-the-art tyre distribution warehouse (approximate dimensions 156 m x 63m) with 24nr loading bay doors and a 3-storey office block.
Construction works are programmed over 55 weeks, with the current status of the project at week 20 as follows:
– Site establishment and enabling works completed
– Specialist soil stabilisation works to the building footprint, service yard and surrounding areas completed
– Reinforced concrete pad & strip foundations to the stabilised ground completed – this comprised over 100nr reinforced concrete pad foundations
– Reinforced concrete retaining wall construction to the building completed
– Erection of the structural steelwork frame completed – comprising in excess of 500 tonnes
– Roof and wall cladding in progress
– Site reduced level excavations completed
– Underground drainage works in progress
– Construction of a stormwater attenuation basin in progress
The design team are:
Architect: Whittaker & Watt Architects
Structural/Civil Engineer: Albert Fry Associates
Services Consultant: Williams & Shaw
Quantity Surveyor: W H Stephens
We will upload further project updates as the works progress towards completion in early autumn 2019.