Cityside Mall, Belfast
MAM CRP Acquisition
£1m – £2m
Cityside Retail Park, York Street, Belfast
Architect: Ostick + Williams
Structural Engineer: Design & Management
M&E Engineer: Troup Bywaters & Anders
Quantity Surveyor: Bruce Shaw LLP
As part of the ‘Cityside Excite’ refurbishment programme to improve leisure and retail facilities at Cityside Mall, Belfast and attract students from the nearby city-centre University of Ulster campus, MSM were awarded the contract to carry out major refurbishment works to three floor levels of the existing mall.
The works were successfully delivered within an 8-month programme. Due to the retail and leisure facilities being required to remain open to the public, extensive working outside normal hours was utilised to reduce the inconvenience to tenant businesses and the general public.
Key elements of the project included:
- Internal demolitions and structural alterations to suit the new floor layout over three floor levels
- Modernisation & complete refurbishment of 3nr escalators including the relocation and re-fitting of one escalator to a new position. These works were carried out during out-of-hours to minimise inconvenience and H&S risk
- Refurbishment works to 2nr passenger lifts
- Replacement/upgrading of mechanical, electrical and sprinkler services
- Metal stud partitions; drylining; suspended ceiling systems
- Extensive floor tiling to mall areas including staircases
- Stainless steel glass balustrading; timber doorsets
- Painting & decoration
- Fit-out works to washrooms including cubicles, IPS panels and vanity units
- Landlord works to the Burger King fast food outlet
- Re-cladding works to external elevations adjacent the main Cityside Mall entrance
- Construction of food court kiosks and installation of seating and tables
The project manager was Bruce Shaw LLP and Ostick + Williams were the project architects.