MSM Contracts are currently in the early stages of a 5-month project to construct a new two-storey retail unit on the Holywood Road, Belfast for Russell’s Food and Drink. This project adds further to our extensive portfolio of retail projects successfully delivered over recent years under the Russell’s and Shop4You brands in the Greater Belfast area. This 520m2 building will comprise a 210m2 main sales area, with food preparation areas, stores, offices, staff and ancillary accommodation.
The site is heavily restricted with an adjacent commercial property remaining open for business throughout the contract, the public footpath along the site frontage and a private dwelling to the rear of the site boundary. Demolition works were carried out to 3nr existing single-storey commercial premises during week 1 of the contract to clear the site in advance of construction works commencing.
The construction works will involve the following key elements:
– reinforced pad/strip foundations incl. reinforced concrete ground beams
– watertight reinforced concrete lift pit
– precast hollowcore slabs & precast stairs
– structural steel frame incl. metaldeck to first floor
– Kingspan KS1000RW insulated roof cladding
– superstructure masonry incl. facing brickwork and sand/cement render to blockwork
– shopfront glazing; PPC aluminium windows; roller shutters & steel doorsets
– interior fit-out works
– external works will involve bollards; gates/railings; drainage works and reinstatement of adjacent kerblines, footpaths and roadways
The latter stages of the project will involve close co-ordination with specialist subcontractors directly employed by the client for final fit-out of the retail unit, refrigeration and signage.