MSM Contracts have recently commenced a six month refurbishment project over three floors at Cityside Mall in Belfast. This challenging project requires restrictions to be placed on the planning and sequencing of works to suit the trading hours of the various tenants and to minimise the impact on normal retail and leisure activities in the existing centre.
Works are due for completion during late spring/early summer 2016; the project manager is Bruce Shaw LLP and Ostick + Williams are the project architects.
Key elements of the works include:
– Minor demolitions/alterations to suit the new floor layout
– Replacement interior surface finishes to the mall; balustrading works
– Relocation & refurbishment of escalators
– Passenger lift refurbishment works
– Landlord works to retail units
– Refurbishment of existing toilets
– Re-cladding works to the shopping centre main entrance
– Construction of food court kiosks
– Extensive works associated with mechanical, electrical and sprinkler services